Friday, June 18, 2010
• It's "noticeably quieter," spinning discs at 51 dB(A) rather than 54 dB(A) of last gen
• Idling, it's 6dB(A) lower than that—indeed, about the volume of a whisper just as Microsoft claimed
• Power consumption dropped more than 50% from the original Xbox (idling, and about that much during game play)
• Compared to the most recent model, power consumption dropped roughly 20%
• Vampire power is down to 1/4 that of all other 360s, .6W
• You'll still need a T8 torx to disassemble one
Visit Anandtech to find out lot more information and even how to tear apart one, if you dare!