If you have a Nintendo Wii™, it is not complete until you get Okami on it on April 15, the 3D action adventure game set in ancient Japan. Ready At Dawn developed the game for Nintendo Wii™ and this is a small part of what the RAD has to say "Only a few months ago we were having a few drinks with Christian Svensson from Capcom, talking about how great Okami was and how it would be perfect on the Wii. Fast forward to now and we’ve made it a reality. Okami went gold in the US this morning." I am waiting to get my hands on Orochi, or is it my sword?
Press Release from Capcom;
Orochi, the legendary monster, has returned to transform the world into a wasteland. In order to restore the earth's natural order and beauty, the wolf-embodied sun god Amaterasu must defeat each ominous being he encounters. Amaterasu travels through different regions of the world to regain "Celestial Brush" powers, all the while revitalizing all life.
Using an innovative control scheme, slash away at enemies, use various brush strokes to solve puzzles, create pathways, chop down trees or turn night into day. The real-time fighting system not only involves assorted brush techniques, but also myriad of specials attacks typically not associated with the physical prowess of a normal wolf.
Featuring a visually stunning art style, Okami comes alive through beautiful scenic 3D levels that have the appearance and texture of paper scrolls brushed with watercolor-like calligraphy art. Throughout the vibrant and distinctive surroundings, interact with a dynamic cast of characters and build their faith to uncover clues and hints. The blend of stylized graphics and unique gameplay results in a rich and dynamic experience never seen before.
- Create and Destroy at Will - Play as a god to re-establish order and beauty to a world laid barren by evil.
- Innovative Gameplay and Control Scheme - Defeating monsters requires the usage of not only physical attacks, but also Amaterasu's 'Celestial Brush' to paint the desired powers for decimating enemies and solving puzzles.
- Intense action-packed battles – Rooted in Japanese folklore, fight against a diverse line-up of demons and monsters.
- Utilize Various Gameplay Styles – In addition to the Celestial Brush, Amaterasu wields three types of offensive weaponry, each with their own unique abilities and effects. Depending on how a weapon is equipped, it can be used as the main or sub weapon:
- Reflectors – These well-balanced weapons are suited for close range combat.
- Rosaries– Sacred magatama beads are great for quick long range attacks.
- Glaives – These can be charged up to unleash powerful close range attacks.
- Intriguing Main Character – Assume the role of the sun god, Amaterasu, who descends upon the earth in the form of a wolf. The Japanese translation of the word wolf is "Ôkami".
- Original Visuals and Revolutionary Design – Vibrant and inspiring graphics, reminiscent of traditional Japanese art created on paper scrolls, produce a large variety of stages with a watercolor-esque appearance.
- Interact with a unique and dynamic cast of characters.
tag: Video Games, WII, Ready At Dawn, Okami, Nintendo Wii™, Capcom, Orochi, Amaterasu