FOSTER CITY, Calif., May 21, 2008 – Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced the Madden NFL 09 PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) Entertainment Pack, a limited-edition bundle launching in August that’s sure to score with fans of EA’s best-selling Madden NFL football franchise, as well as sports enthusiasts of all types. This special bundle ($199.99 MSRP) will feature a limited-edition “Metallic Blue” PSP system with the highly anticipated Madden NFL 09 game; “NFL: In Just One Play” on UMD® (Universal Media Disc) Video from Warner Bros.; a PLAYSTATION®Network voucher to download Beats™* from PLAYSTATION®Store (accessible via a PC); and a 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™, for storing photos, music, video and more.
“Sports games are one of the most popular types of games among PSP owners, and it was only natural to make our next PSP Entertainment Pack a sports-themed bundle,” said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President, Product Marketing, SCEA. “PSP continues to have great momentum in the marketplace. We expect that the Madden NFL 09 PSP Entertainment Pack will capitalize on this momentum and strengthen PlayStation’s presence in the sports genre.”
“EA SPORTS is extremely excited to partner with SCEA on this bundle,” said Director of Marketing Chris Erb. “Combining the innovation of Madden NFL 09 with the quality of the PSP handheld gives gamers an immersive football experience.”
The Madden NFL 09 PSP Entertainment Pack will be available on August 12 and includes the following content. The total cost for each of the components, if purchased separately, would be more than $260, which means more than $60 of added value will be delivered to consumers
purchasing this bundle.
- “Metallic Blue” PSP system; this is the only time that this special PSP color will be offered in North America.
- Madden NFL 09: Twenty years as a dynasty of gaming, Madden NFL 09 aims to deliver the most immersive gameplay, the richest online offerings and the most comprehensive feature depth in the history of the franchise. Madden NFL 09 features legendary quarterback Brett Favre as its cover athlete.
- “NFL: In Just One Play” UMD video: Hosted by one of the most colorful and premiere receivers in the game today, Chad Johnson, NFL: In Just One Play features an inside look at some of the X factors in the league. NFL: In Just One Play, the first UMD video from NFL Films, combines sound, action and interviews to showcase some of the NFL’s most exciting players including Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Braylon Edwards, Adrian Peterson, LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Cromartie, Ed Reed and more.
- Beats™ PLAYSTATION Network voucher: Download the PLAYSTATION Network exclusive title, Beats*, to your Memory Stick PRO Duo with the included voucher. Beats is a new and exciting way to interact with your music collection on your PSP system. It breathes life in to your music by using a beat tracking technology to create gameplay from any song the player supplies. The title is currently available on PLAYSTATION Store (http://store.playstation.com).
- 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo – Store your photos, music, videos, and game saves.
SCEA will support the Madden NFL 09 bundle with an integrated marketing campaign, including dedicated TV, online, and outdoor advertising; direct mail and e-mail; public relations support; and targeted event and mobile promotions. The PSP Core Pack will still be offered on an ongoing basis.
Consumers continue to adopt the PSP system as their portable entertainment device of choice, thanks to the growing availability of content. With a library totaling more than 375 games, thousands of Internet radio stations** and more than 460 feature films, TV programs, and videos from major studios and record labels, consumers have no shortage of choices when it comes to content for their PSP systems.